It is the absence of facts that frightens people: the gap you open, into which they pour their fears, fantasies, desires. – Hilary Mantel
And so we open the gap for you, with eleven weird and equally delightful facts from around the globe. We’ve already told you about facts about cats (yup!) and even about brain and body. Time to know some uncommon facts!
1) In Japan, you can hire a young handsome man to come to your office and watch sad videos with you until you cry, then wipe your tears for you.
2) Street dogs of Moscow have learnt to take trains from the suburbs to city in search of food in daytime. Later they return to the safer and more comfortable suburbs in the night, again in trains.
3) There is a city named ‘Batman’ in Turkey.
4) A Shiba Inu named Bodhi makes $180,000 per year modelling men’s wear on Instagram.
5) Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar once started a fire with cash worth $2 million because his daughter was feeling cold.
6) Stephen Colbert exists in the Marvel Universe. He helped Spider-Man defeat a villain and also ran for President.
7) Family members in ancient Egypt would shave off their eyebrows in mourning of their cat’s death.
8) While building the Golden Gate Bridge, the chief structural engineer insisted on the installation of a safety net even though its $130,000 price was pretty preposterous. Over the four years of its construction, the net saved 19 men, who called themselves the ‘Halfway to Hell Club’.
9) Cats sleep for an average of two-third of their life.
10) In Tokyo, you can buy ice creams of unusual flavors, including octopus, horseflesh, cow’s tongue and shrimp.
11) Treadmills were created to punish prisoners in England, back in 1818.