The human body is a treasure of amazing things and there are countless interesting facts about our own body which we have never thought or wondered of. People often claim that they know everything about the human body, but we are sure of most of them being low in knowledge.
Enough said, do you know that babies have 60 more bones than adults? You probably don’t. If you think this was the strangest of the human body fact, let me tell you that you’re completely wrong as there is a lot more to be unveiled.
So, let us try to expand our knowledge of the human body by learning these 39 facts.
1. Your tongue dissolves anything which you taste.
If human saliva cannot dissolve something, they cannot taste it. In order for foods, or anything else, to have a taste, chemicals from the substance must be dissolved by saliva. Even if you dry your tongue, the only thing that will happen is that you will lose your sensation of taste.
2. Your nose can smell 50,000 scents.
Amazing, isn’t it?
3. A sneeze generates a wind of speed 166 km/hr (100 mi/hr), and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr (60 mi/hr).
4. Men produce 10 million sperms daily. This can cover the entire planet in 6 months.
5. An average person produces enough saliva in their lifetime to fill 2 swimming pools.
6. Most babies are born with blue eyes, an exposure to UV light reveals their true color.
7. Sometimes when you have to pee, you can visibly observe that your bladder is bigger.
8. A human body is made up of 700,000,000,000,000,000 billion Atoms
9. Every person sheds 40lbs of skin during his lifetime.
10. Ovaries contain over 500,000 eggs, but only about 400 can get fertilized and create life.
11. Your Body has enough iron with which a metal nail 3 inches long can be made.
12. The strongest muscle in the human body is Masseter Jaw.
13. It can take your finger and toenails half a year to grow to entirely new nail.
14. Sweat is Odorless but the bacteria on the skin merges with it and produces body odor.
15. People who have excessive body hair are linked to higher intellect.
16. Ears and nose keep growing as you age.
17. Everyone has a unique tongue print.
18. When we are awake, the human brain produces as much energy as to power a small bulb.
19. Human bones are stronger than steel.
20. People with blue eyes have more tolerance to alcohol.
21. If human eye was a camera, it would be 576 megapixels.
22. Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
23. Your bones are composed of 31% Water.
24. Your heartbeat mimics the music you listen to. That’s why listening to very high music can lead to heart problems.
25. Within three days of death, the enzymes that once digested your food, starts eating you.
26. Everyday your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles(32 km).
27. Sleeping less than 7 hours a day reduces your life expectancy.
28. The muscles that control your eyes contract 100,000 times a day.
29. 90% of the information we gather is from our eyesight, humans are extremely visual beings.
30. Everyone has a unique smell except twins.
31. You have 500,000 sweat glands on your body which release a pint of sweat everyday.
32. It’s impossible to tickle yourself.
33. The human eye can distinguish between 10 million different colors.
34. Most of the skin beneath your bed is your own dead skin.
35. There is more bacteria in your mouth than there is in the world out there.
36. In each Kidney, there are 1 million filters that clean around 1.3 liters of blood every minute.
37. All of the bacteria in our body collectively weigh about 4 pounds.
38. We spend about 10% of waking hours with our eyes closed and blinking.
39. Your Heart can even pump when it’s separated from the body because it has electric impulse.
These facts are just a fraction of how awesomely your body is created. We hope you liked this story, feel free to share with your friends.