We, as humans, have caused much pain to Mother Earth due to our reckless behavior. The sudden climate change has become a global issue, the glaciers are melting, forests are shrinking, and the ozone layer is depleting. It’s high time we must clear this misconception that the earth, the land, the air, and water are not what we’ve inherited from out ancestors, but it is a loan for our children. So, isn’t it our duty to give them back in the same conditions as it was handed over to us?
The pictures in the article that I’ve compiled from Nasa’s website are proof that how we as humans have changed the appearance of the Mother Earth. You can compare the images and think wisely!
1. Aral Sea, Central Asia. August 2000-August 2014.
2. Lake Oroville, California. July 2010- August 2016.
3. Carroll Glacier, Alaska. August 1906-September, 2003.
4. Powell Lake, Arizona and Utah. March 1999- May 2014.
5. Bear Glacier, Alaska July 1999-August 2005.
6. Forests in Rondonia, Brazil June 1975- August 2009.
7. McCarty Glacier, Alaska. July 1999-August 2004.
8. The Dasht River, Pakistan. August 1999- June 2011.
9. Matterhorn Mountain in the Alps, on the border between Switzerland and Italy. August 1960-August 2005.
10. Mabira Forest, Uganda, November 2001- January 2006.
11. Toboggan Glacier, Alaska. June 1909-September 2000.
12. Great Man-made River, Libya, April 1987- April 2010.
13. Qori Kalis Glacier, Peru July 1978-July 2011.
14. Mar Chiquita Lake, Argentina July 1998-September 2011.
15. Muir Glacier Alaska. August 1941-August 2004.
16. Uruguay Forests. March 1975- February 2009.
17. Pedersen Glacier, Alaska. Summer 1917- Summer 2005.