Finally, our wait is over and winter is here! During winter, the hilly areas get covered with snow and the temperature drops down to a very low level, but this season has its own importance. While a lot of us complain about shorter and cold days, we will agree that these wet windy winter days are very pretty and special too.
These days become more beautiful as the seasonal changes turn wonderful landscapes into jaw-dropping winter wonderlands. During this amazing season of the year, many places in the Northern hemisphere are surprisingly transformed to the point that we can hardly recognise them as lakes get frozen and apparently, whole villages and mountains are blanketed in snow.
To celebrate and embrace the arrival of winter days, we’ve come up with 15 before-and-after photos of landscapes transformation during winters. And trust me, these stupendously amazing sights will make you fall in love with these places and here we go.
2. Shirakawa-Go, Japan.
3. St. Joseph Lighthouse, Michigun, USA.
4. Lake Wanaka, New Zealand.
5. Kirkjufell Pool, Iceland.
6. Lake Bled, Slovenia.
7. Landwasser Viaduct, Switzerland.
8. Johannapark , Leipzig, Germany.
9. Radhost Moutain, Czech Republic.
10. Gasadalur, Faroe Islands.
11. Reine, Norway.
12. Pergola Conservatory Park, Central Park, New York.
13. Yosemite National Park, California.
14. Vilnius, Lithuania.
15. Natadera Temple, Komatsu, Japan.